Wednesday, November 30, 2011

OT: Rich Rod

There are a few reports coming out today from Arizona that state one of the main reasons the defensive guru took the Wildcat position was that the AD guaranteed him that they would schedule Michigan within 3 years.  This seems like a crazy objective to guarantee, this is not like PS3 NCAA football where you can schedule almost anyone any year.  It requires an agreement from the other school's AD and usually coach. 

I get that Dave Brandon likes scheduling non-conference games that will get some national appeal (Bama, App St rematch, UMass rematch, Air Force, etc) but I am not sure how I feel about scheduling our old coach who was ran out of town by Big Blue nation.  I admit, I thought RR should get fired even if he won the bowl game.  I was sick of watching decent athletes fall into a blackhole and be blamed for being terrible on defense. I wanted Lloyd Carr back, I wanted consistency... even if that means traditional and boring. Funny what 3 years does to you. I dont think Brandon will agree to a home and home series with Arizona (going to the west coast for a non-conference game would be pretty tough).  And if I was the Arizona AD I wouldnt do this if it was a one year game at the Big House.

I personally don't want to see RR back in our stadium anytime soon. I think there are other teams from real conferences that would love to play us, why schedule someone who will come in with a chip on his shoulder and a win at all costs attitude in a non-rivalry game.

No comments:

Post a Comment