Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Week 11 Upset Alert

Hello, this section is back again after a week off because I didn't think there would be any upsets last week.  Looking back, there really werent although there were a couple of close calls.  Looking ahead to this week, I have a hard time seeing any upsets again but I will point out a few games that should be worth flipping the channel to.

Texas A&M @ Alabama
This is not because I think TAMU has a chance against the Crimson Tide, but because Alabama is just that good.  If you have time check out this game.  They are the most dominant team in the country, and after the close call in Death Valley last weekend I doubt that Saban will allow Alabama to have any sort of repeat the rest of the season.  They are a well oiled machine.

Kansas State @ TCU
I know, I will be in Kansas this weekend with a lot of KSU people.  Maybe I will get to watch the game over a couple of beers with them, too bad the game wasnt in Manhatten.  Anyways, Heisman favorite Klein is questionable at this point in the week, and I have no doubts that he will start the game but I do wonder how he will hold up.  TCU still has one of the best defenses in the conference and can get to the quarterback.  I know the Wildcats are ranked number 2, but I think it would be a tragedy if Oregon did not get a chance to face Alabama in the National Championship Game. So, maybe I will be pulling for TCU a little bit.

Louisville @ Syracuse
I am not sure how the Cardinals are still undefeated, oh wait I do, they play in the Big Least.  It is more of a joke than the B1G this season.  They have been flirting with an L for a couple of weeks now, and Syracuse might just have the offense to knock them off at home in the Carrier Dome.  I think this game is close, and who knows what can happen if it is.  It is pretty impressive how little respect Louisville is getting this year, they might have the best chance of going undefeated of anyone, yet they will barely crack the top ten when bowl selections are announced.  Good luck against Georgia or some other real team, maybe they will let them play Louisana Tech... I would still take Tech.

Penn State @ Nebraska
I still havent decided who I am going to pick in this game, I will tomorrow.  On one side I dont think the Cornhuskers are very good and I want them to lose every game on their schedule, but on the other they do play well at home and I don't think Penn State has the offensive power to score enough to win in Lincoln.  I do think this game will be close, and the Nittany Lion defense should be good enough to slow down Martinez and company.  The Cornhusker defense does blitz well, so it will be interesting to see how McGloin will handle the crowd and the pressure.  If he can handle it well, then Penn State should be able to score at least 24 on Nebraska, but will it be enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment