Friday, May 18, 2012

Verlander & Schlereth of the Series (Twins)

After another 2 gamer, the Tigers continue to frustrate anyone with any interest in this team.  Somehow they found a way to lose both games to the worst team in baseball.  One ugly stat was that going into the series, the Twins were the worst team in both hitting and pitching in the AL and they had the worst record in all of baseball.  Well 2 wins later they scored the most runs of any game this season and recorded a quality start, and they still have the worst record. Their 11 run outburst on Wednesday night accounted for about 10% of their offensive output of the season.   Someone pinch me, I have to be dreaming.

Verlander of the Series, well this award is interesting here.  Can I really give it to nobody? Well it is my blog, so I can do what I want.  As tempting as it is to just go with Rod Allen on this one for his first “Joe Mauer?” of the season, I guess I will just pick Andy Dirks.  He continued his hot streak batting in the 2 hole.  He got on base twice in both games and is still batting .400 in this new lineup.  I like Andy “The Neck” Dirks.

Schlereth of the Series, hmm, well this one might be the hardest award to pass out this season thus far.  Fister has his worst start as a Tiger, Porcello is falling into the Scherzer rut, and the bullpen continues to serve up beach balls.  But, I will go with the infield defense on this one.  6 errors in two games is brutal.  I don’t think it can get much worse actually.  Fielder continues to look like a TRex on first, and Miggy is still re-learning the hot corner.  Ryan “Sieve” Raburn continues living up to his hype, and JaHonny thought he would try to fit in with the rest of the rat crap pack. 

Looking ahead, the Tigers continue their weak May schedule with a visit from the Pittsburgh Pirates.  With the way the season is going so far, I would not be surprised if the anemic offense that is Pittsburgh suddenly plays like Hall of Famers for the weekend and puts up 30 runs.  JV is on the mound tonight, so that cant happen, right… right?  Detroit should sweep Pittsburgh, but the way the Tigers are playing just winning two will be tough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment